Treat dandelions in the fall for best control
The best time to apply a broadleaf weed killer is September and October. This is the time of year dandelion, plantain and other weeds are storing up energy in their roots for winter.
Preen Weed Control kills a wide range of weeds including dandelion, chickweed, knotweed, plantain, henbit, spurge and 200 others commonly found in home lawns.
Here are some tips for the best control of these weeds:
- Mow the grass to normal height one to two days before applying Preen Weed Control.
- Water the lawn deeply about one day before application to sustain moisture until the next watering.
- Apply when the lawn is wet with morning dew or lightly moisten the grass so the granules cling to the plants.
- Delay watering the lawn for two days after application to make sure Preen Weed Control has a chance to work. Keep traffic off treated area for 24 to 48 hours after application, until the lawn is watered.
- Do not apply to newly sown lawns or turf seedlings until the grass has been mowed at least three times.
- If you have only a few weeds, consider spot treatment.
- Always read and follow the label directions.