Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer
This product has been discontinued, please try Preen Lawn Crabgrass Control
- View product label (PDF)
Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer prevents crabgrass and other grassy and broadleaf weeds for up to 4 months when applied prior to their germination in lawns and ornamental turfgrasses. It also provides post-emergence control of seedlings crabgrass for up to 4 weeks after it germinates.
Don't choose between killing and preventing - get both! Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer provides season-long control for some of the toughest weeds including crabgrass, bluegrass, chickweed, henbit, yellow foxtail and spurge. Use it on many types of cool and warm season grasses like Bentgrass, Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, Bermudagrass, Carpetgrass, St. Augustinegrass and Zoysiagrass.
Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer should be applied to lawns and ornamental turfgrasses that are well-established. When used according to the directions, it will not harm nearby established ornamentals.
How to Apply
Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer can be applied with a drop or rotary spreader designed to apply granular fertilizers. For best results, apply this product evenly and uniformly over the turfgrass area, avoiding streaking, skips, or overlaps.
When to Apply
Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer should be applied in the spring or fall prior to weed seed germination for control of weeds in established yards. For the ultimate in season-long weed control, apply in the fall with a sequential or second application the following spring.
Applying Around Not Well-Established Turfgrasses
Use of Preen Lawn Crabgrass Preventer on lawns and ornamental turfgrasses that are not well-established, or have been weakened by stress due to mechanical operations, pests, excessive temperatures, or lack of moisture, may increase the chances of turfgrass injury. It is advised that you do not apply this product to lawns or turfgrasses that are under stress.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow directions on the product label. Use only as directed.
- annual bluegrass (Poa annua)
- annual ryegrass (Lolium multiflorum)
- barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli)
- bittercress (Cardamine)
- buttercup oxalis
- Carolina geranium (Geranium carolinianum)
- chickweed (Stellaria media)
- corn speedwell (Veronica arvensis)
- Crabgrass (Digitaria sanguinalis)
- creeping oxalis (Oxalis corniculata)
- crowfoot grass (Dactyloctenium aegyptium)
- goosegrass (Eleusine indica)
- green foxtail (Setaria viridis)
- henbit (Lamium amplexicaule)
- Kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum)
- lespedeza (Lespedeza cuneata)
- parsley piert (Aphanes spp.)
- pineappleweed (Matricaria discoidea)
- prostrate spurge (Euphorbia supina)
- purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- smutgrass (Sporobolus indicus)
- spotted spurge (Chamaesyce maculata)
- yellow foxtail (Setaria glauca)
- yellow wood sorrel (Oxalis corniculata)